Just an instant pickle with a difference. Cannot be stored for a long time but very tasty.
- 2 cups semi ripened guavas ( recipes. Remove the seeds)
- 1/4 cup finely diced semi ripe mangoes ( peel off the skin)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil / sesame oil
- 1 tsp mustards seeds
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsps salt
- 2 tsps Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp plain chilli powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 a tsp mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds powdered raw
Heat oil in a vok, add the mustard seeds, allow to splutter.
Put off the flame, when the oil is oil is still hot pour it into the bowl in which you have the diced guavas and mangoes.
Now add all the other ingredients one by one into the bowl, mix and serve.
Stir well and transfer to a dry bottle.
This can be refrigerated for one month.